You can add all kind of different fields to your document to collect information from your clients.
Types of fields
Entity: it allows you to match the common information that you can find for an entity, whether it’s a physical person or a company. (ex: name, address, profession, company name etc…)
Textfield: allows you to input plain text in your document.
Dropdown: Will enable you to create a multiple choice list whether from scratch or a more advance one that you can build or import and save to a later use.
Checkbox: allows you to reveal or hide information in your text by checking the box.
Date: allows you to change the format of the date and choose the current day by default.
Number: enable you to add a number in different format and in different currency.
Upload (coming soon): allows your recipients to upload files into your document. Supported file types will be: .jpg, .zip, .docx, .pdf; max size – 50mb.)
Juridoc’s automation uses matching fields among other resources, so to add a field to collect information from your recipient, it’s very easy. You need to:
- Select the text in the document you want to automate
- Click on the editor toolbox on the right column and select the name of the field that you want to add
- Write the question that will be linked to this field and display on the live version of your document
- All the changes you make are saved automatically, you don’t need to do it.
Make Fields required or optional
If a field is required, your recipient won’t be able to complete the document without filling out the field.
To modify this setting:
- Click on a field, navigate to the right-hand settings
- Switch on/off the checkbox for this field to be required or not.
Remove an automated field
- Go on hover with your mouse on the field you want to remove
- You will see a cross appear on the right of the field
- Click on the cross to remove the selected field
Add text input settings
- Add a placeholder to help the recipient when he will fill the field (optional)
- Add a default value that will appear on the document in live (optional)
- Add a supporting text to help the recipient with specific indication (optional)