What is the Lifecycle?
The Lifecycle is a feature that enables you to automate document lifecycle information such as: contract starting date, end date or contract duration and more. Once this information has been added, you will receive alerts when the contract is about to expire or be renewed.
Available in plan: Professional
How to activate the Lifecycle?
To use the document lifecycle management functionality you must configure it at the time of creating a new template, so it will be applied to every document created from that template.
- Select the date you want to automate in your document.
- Enter the name of the question (ex: what is the contract starting date)
- Choose whether or not this field is required (at the time of document creation)
- Select the type of date you will automate (document start date, end date, contract duration, etc.)
- Choose date or time format
- Set the default value: this can be the current date, or a duration etc.
- When it’s done, do not forget to activate the template
To use the Lifecycle, it’s very simple:
- Go to the “Documents”
- Create a document and use your template
- You will see the Lifecycle section
- On this section, you will be able to enter the dates or time that you have configured in your template